From gadgets to high end knives, these kitchen gift ideas are perfect for new cooks, bakers, kids and anyone in between. If you're looking for gifts for the kitchen, here are a few suggestions (with product recommendations below):
- A cookbook: A cookbook with a collection of delicious recipes is a great gift for any home cook. Look for one that covers a range of cuisines or specializes in a particular type of cooking, such as vegetarian or grilling.
- Kitchen tools and equipment: Home cooks can always use more tools and equipment in their kitchen, such as cutting boards, knives, and pots and pans.
- Specialty ingredients: Home cooks often love experimenting with new and interesting ingredients, such as exotic spices, high-quality olive oils, and unique flours.
- A subscription to a food magazine: A subscription to a food magazine can provide the cook with new recipes, tips and techniques, and inspiration for their next meal.
- A cooking class or workshop: For the home cook who loves to learn new skills, a cooking class or workshop can be a fun and educational gift. Look for one that covers a specific type of cuisine or cooking technique.
Manual Pepper Mill Made
The 18 cm – 7in Paris u'Select fiery red-lacquered pepper mill is a clear showstopper and will reveal the full flavour of your culinary creations with a quick twist of the wrist. This manual pepper mill is made entirely in France. The body is crafted from wood sourced from local PEFC-certified forests. The u'Select grind adjustment ring at the base of the mill allows users to accurately select their preferred grind setting. Six grind presets are available: 1 for the finest grind and 6 for a coarser grind.
Classic Series Carbon Steel Wok Set
Both Wirecutter and Serious Eats have raved about this large carbon steel wok—and you’re about to as well. Perhaps you’ll be charmed by how nimble this flat bottom wok can be, its lightweight carbon steel making it easy to stir, flip, or shake food to perfection.
Ottolenghi Flavor: A Cookbook
Flavor, the newest cookbook by Yotam Ottolenghi and Ixta Belfrage, explores how vegetable recipes can maximize their flavor through three approaches.
Birthstone Wine Bottle Stopper
A 1990 Chateau Montrose or a $9 Shiraz, handmade birthstone stoppers preserve any wine in style.
Hayden Flour Mills
Hayden Flour Mills is devoted to stone milling heritage and ancient grains. We believe they’re not only delicious, our nutrient-dense grains are better for both you and the planet. Freshly milled and packaged at peak freshness, our products celebrate the natural texture, aroma, and flavor of ancient and heritage grains - a taste you can only experience for yourself.
The Artist Capsule
Celebrate the merging of art and food with category-changing artists who have designed each special label for our infused, cold-pressed olive oils. Includes:
- ARDOR olive oil infused with red chili peppers, jalapeno peppers, chipotle peppers, and paprika
- ROSETTE olive oil infused with garlic
- LUCID olive oil infused with lemon
- ARISE olive oil infused with basil
Make Your Own Hot Sauce Kit
“Lucifer’s Licks.” “Satan’s Favorite.” “Hot Lips.” Whoever makes these small-batch chili sauces gets the naming rights. A great gift for those who love climbing the Scoville scale.
Arty French Glass Dinnerware
Luminarc’s Arty dishes are made in France from tempered glass, which means they’re—heyo—thermal shock resistant, not to mention microwave and dishwasher safe. This dazzling spread won’t chip like stoneware can, either. Oh, and with all those happy hues, there’s so much mixing and matching in store.
Olympia Provisions Royale 10
Enjoy a tour of Europe with this sampler that includes 10 of our salamis inspired by flavor profiles from across France, Spain, Italy, and Greece.
Stagg EKG Electric Kettle
The electric pour-over kettle for coffee-lovers.